Take control of chaotic file shares with powerful tools to classify and manage data
File shares contain masses of relevant and irrelevant data, which is often poorly and chaotically classified. Organizations lack the tools and processes to defensibly delete information from file shares, even many years after the employees who created the content have gone. In addition, most tools for remediating file share data only address one repository at a time.
As a result, file shares often contain massive quantities of duplicated, outdated and trivial data. They may also contain unidentified valuable content such as contracts, records and intellectual property, as well as data that could be a business risk such as personally identifiable information and credit card numbers.
Control the chaos
Using Nuix information governance tools and processes, your organization can index the contents of all its file shares at once. You can then:
To find out more about cleaning up file shares, contact Nuix to work with us or one of our preferred partners.
- Identify important content such as intellectual property and mark it for retention or migration to a more secure repository
- Locate company records and contracts, and move them to existing management systems
- Flag risky content for review and escalate any serious risks to management or counsel
- Delete redundant, obsolete and trivial files, which can take up half or more of all data stored
- Make content-driven decisions about whether to retain or expire any remaining data.