Identify and mitigate business risks stored in email systems before they become problems
Email is a considerable source of business risk. It may contain:
- Data subject to regulatory restrictions, such as credit card numbers and personally identifying information about employees and customers
- Intellectual property being sent outside the company
- Evidence of fraud, insider trading and other illegal activities
- Human resources problems, from 'my boss is a bastard' to 'my boss asked me out'
- Rogue or unmanaged contracts
- Inappropriate images.
These risks are compounded by the fact that most organizations cannot gain a clear picture of what their email systems contain. In addition, regulators are growing their oversight while demanding answers in much shorter time frames.
Email data is created and controlled by individual users and locked in proprietary email databases, which makes it virtually impossible to search across multiple email systems or locations using built-in tools and interfaces.
Be the first to know
Nuix email risk management solutions normalize all your organization’s email data – or just the past few months of activity – making it all easily accessible and searchable. By maintaining a 'living index' of regularly updated email communications, you can identify issues as they emerge and quickly take steps to address them before they become problems.
While this may not catch every problem, regulators or judges are more likely to be lenient if you have a rigorous process in place to find such issues.
In the case of an external event such as regulatory action or adverse publicity, your organization can find out in an instant what happened and respond proactively with the facts to avert a greater crisis.